Monday, July 31, 2006

TOTP RIP

I’ve grieved the end of Smash Hits!, wept as Simon left Popworld, and now have to cope with the end of Top of the Pops. Not really a feminist issue as such but nevertheless TOTP was pretty important in my childhood. I was a massive Madonna fan when I was tiny and watched it every Thursday, dancing along to the routines, and it was watching Alisha’s Attic on that very programme which inspired my life long love of piercings (you remember the lady with the bindi and the nose stud?)! Ah well, TOTP you will be sadly missed.

Anyway in more music related news, the Women in Tune festival has been brought to my attention. It’s a women only music festival in Wales between the 23rd and 29th August. I’ve become pretty disillusioned with the attitude of the male dominated alternative music scene and am finding this event very tempting. I’m going to try to sort out some time off work, and if I can I’m definitely going to make it there at some point. Is anyone planning on going this year? Or if you’ve been in previous years it’d be good to hear a bit more about it…

7 Comments:

At 6:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(was simon the fit curly haired sarcy guy?)

 
At 8:49 pm, Blogger la somnambule said...

Yes he was...why does that question require anonymity?

 
At 1:09 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it didnt i just wasnt signed in, sorry. was trying to be quick.

hope i didnt freak you out.

 
At 8:52 am, Blogger la somnambule said...

Hehe it did add a sinister element to an otherwise normal question!

 
At 12:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry!

he was lovely though, im sure he'll be on something else soon enough. :D

 
At 7:57 pm, Blogger L said...

Alisha's Attic were fantastic! I still listen to the first album -ace!

 
At 1:13 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a really sad day! When I saw the Spice Girls first ever performance it made me all emotional & reminded me of just how much Victoria cannot mime to save her life! hee hee!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home